Ambra Health (https://ambrahealth.com) | REMOTE (USA), Full time | Java/Linux engineer, Medical Image Processing and Storage
At Ambra Health we help the health care system solve complex problems with storing and sharing medical imaging data (X-rays, CT’s, etc), at locations around the world – including many renowned health centers. This involves managing a lot of medical data, getting it to the right place quickly and reliably over the Internet – some very challenging and interesting engineering problems.
We are looking for a Java developer with Linux experience to join our remote-only image storage engineering team. This team works on the storage and image-processing services of our platform, which manage over 8 billion images (4PB) in the cloud and in data centers around the world. The ideal candidate would be able to work independently with minimal supervision, seasoned to make good productivity/coding/architecture decisions.
– Java development for back-end REST services
– Basic Linux system administration skills
Big plus if you’ve got these skills:
– Building server software with multi-threading and concurrency, in a distributed network environment
– Experience with DICOM medical file format, other medical standards, or image processing
– Diagnosing application problems in a Linux environment
– Experience with other systems languages (C, C++, Go, C#, etc)
Our hiring process is pretty painless – short introduction call, 1-hour phone call with the team to get to know each other, then (if it works for you) a paid part-time trial period to see if we like working together.
Send me an email with your resume: email@example.com