Penn Medicine – Predictive Healthcare team | Software Engineer, Data Scientist | Philadelphia, PA | ONSITE | Full-time
Help improve patient outcomes by predicting the future. http://www.med.upenn.edu/predictivehealthcare/
Penn Medicine (a.k.a University of Pennsylvania Health System) is the largest private employer in Philadelphia and home to the nation’s first hospital. The predictive healthcare team focuses on using machine learning to help clinicians make more informed decisions.
We’re seeking both a Software Engineer (http://bit.ly/UPHSEngineer) and a Data Scientist (http://bit.ly/UPHSData) to help us build operational predictive applications that utilize Electronic Medical Record (time series, imagery, text), social media, wearables, and IoT data.
As a Software Engineer you will:
* Collaborate with our Data Scientists and clinical partners to build predictive healthcare applications that can reliably scale to the needs of the organization.
* Create and deploy micro-services to our cloud-based and on-premise Hashicorp clusters.
* Build frameworks designed to speed up and facilitate algorithm development.
As a Data Scientist you will:
* Collaborate with our Software Engineers and clinical partners to apply machine learning and statistics to help improve the lives of people affected by serious illness.
* Lead large data acquisition, data mining, NLP, and analysis projects.
You will report under Michael Draugelis @mdraugelis, Chief Data Scientist, and work directly with the rest of the Predictive Healthcare team.
If you have any questions I can be reached at Michael.Becker (at) uphs.upenn.edu