The Sensible Code Company | Senior Front-End Software Engineer | Full Time | Remote within 2 hour flight of UK
We’re looking for a senior frontend software engineer to build progressively enhanced user interfaces and interactive visualisations for our product Cantabular which is being used by the Office for National Statistics for the 2021 Census in England and Wales.
We build software using GitHub, Docker, Go, Python, GraphQL, TypeScript and D3. We collaborate using Slack, GSuite and GitHub.
* Ability to work collaboratively with other developers, designers and clients
* Ability to write clear, precise technical and client-facing documents
* Willingness to attend occasional on-site customer visits and events
We don’t expect the successful candidate to have all of these things, but please mention any that apply. If you have other relevant expertise or experience let us know.
* Experience building accessible, progressively-enhanced user interfaces
* Experience building interactive visualisations with D3, Svelte, Plotly or Observable
* Experience working with GraphQL
* Interest in or experience with user interface design
* Interest in data science, statistics or machine learning
Pay and benefits:
* Salary from £50k
* We provide you with a high-spec laptop (Linux or Mac) and up to two large monitors
* We have balanced lives and we work flexibly
* We offer a generous 30 days plus public holidays (38 total)
* We are all based within a 2 hour flight time of the UK
Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting scjob25 in the subject line with the following information
* Cover letter: tell us a bit about why you’re interested in this role
* CV or resume: your professional experience
* Your telephone number
No agencies please.